Zenana Spa is the first day spa and wellness center in Oregon with a focus on pregnant and parenting families. They asked me to write an article for their monthly newsletter. We chose Personal Style for new mothers as the topic. Read the full article called “Confident Moms = Confident Kids” by clicking here and see my favorite items for new mothers featured below.
Scarlet’s 10 Post Partum Necessities for moving through the transition with style & elegance:*Use this as a guide. With a budget of $1000 or less, you can have these 20 or so quality items and services, many of which you’ll be able to use for the long term. Save money by shopping alternative brands, sales, thrift and consignment stores.
1. Stock up on your favorite lipsticks and place them in strategic places. My favorite is called “Capricious” from Mac. It’s a demi-sheer lipstick with a wet look luster finish in a rosey plum color that flatters most complexions ($44 for 3).
3. Accessorize! Find your signature accessories like a cozy long wide scarf by plainMade ($104) to double as a cover-up, an affordable tote bag ($20), colorful earrings and bracelets ($75), and stylish shoes with a bit of a heel ($125). Accessories are my specialty, contact me and we’ll schedule a time to sort through your current wardrobe or go shopping!
5. Find a comfortable nursing bra ($40) and splurge on some inexpensive fun undies to match ($50). A Spanx tank top that hits at the low hip can offer additional support too. 6. Because everyone wants the comfort of a black yoga pant, I’m including them… just promise me you’ll glam them up a bit! Lululemon’s pants are durable and attractive ($108). To avoid piling, wash them with other synthetics only.
8. Dark Straight Leg denim will be the most flattering. Try the Levi’s Curve ID brand ($68). The Demi Curve and Supreme Curve styles have a higher rise in the back.
9. Wrap Dresses ($98) are classic and convenient for breast feeding, plus they adjust with your body as it changes. Wear your dress out on the town for a date with your sweetheart!
Thanks for reading!
* Call me (503.890.7800) to discuss your Personal Style and any fashion challenges you are facing. Having been a pregnancy massage therapist & doula, I especially enjoy working with new moms!